Friday, December 10, 2010

FineSmith Style About...Fashion Icon

The winner for the Fashion Icon Styling competition at FineSmith Design was Dementia Navarita who chose Louise Brooks, the original "It Girl," as her fashion icon. Congratulations, Dementia. This is the last of the ten weekly competitions. The last stage is for the ten winners of the weekly styling competitions to compete.

Dementia Navarita


Dementia Navarita

Dementia Navarita

My fashion icon is none other than the beautiful and talented Louise Brooks. I channeled her with this lovely plum colored 1920s style dress from *Donna Flora* called JOY. Adored with glittery, patterned stitching, a sheer top with a deep chemise back, a fringe skirt, and sheer stockings, matched with a modern, pair of mary janes or you may know them as the Pow Pumps by [LeLutka] and a 12-inch long cigarette holder to help complete my look. Of course, I couldn't fully channel Louise without that famous bob haircut from clawtooth, which I complemented with the wish earrings by Finesmith Jewelry.

I chose Louise Brooks as my Fashion Icon because she was/is the epitome of 1920s elegance, helped revolutionalize flapper fashion, and made the bob haircut what it is today. You may not know her name, but you know her face. She had short hair, short skirts, and wore makeup. She bore no resemblance to anything vaguely Edwardian and embodied the spirit of the Jazz Age. You can still see her influence even today. And that is why Louise Brooks was and always will be a Fashion Icon.


Annough Lykin

Annough Lykin

Annough Lykin

(Description not given)

Catlyn Sahara

Catlyn Sahara

Catlyn Sahara

Dress: Sex City by *OC*
Jewelery: Cybergirl collar and O11 Bracelet by Finesmith Jewelery
Hair: Melanie in Latte by Truth Hair
Shoes: Obsession in Gold by N-Core Shoes
Nails: Clear Glitter French by Candy Nails
Eyes: Cherry Killer in Blacklight by C-Star skins
Eyelashes: Dramatic in black by LAQ
Skin: Eva 04 in MedTan by Glam Affair
Shape: Custom Made by Scarlett Loxingly

Fashion Icon can be someone very well known in the fashion world or someone who is leading the fashion world in a new way. My inspiration for today is the character, Carrie, played by Sarah Jessica Parker in the movie Sex and the City, one and two. My Dress is a replica of the dress she wore on the poster of Sex and the City 2. The soft light colors of the dress are complimented by the gold details in both the dress and the gold Jewelery. Not every outfit needs to have bold jewelery to make it stand out. The simplicity of both the collar and bracelet stand out against the detailing in the dress. Carrie has a very fashion forward sense of styling of mixing beautiful material in her dresses with the right texture and color of her jewelery. She is a fashion icon to the up and coming generation.

Journey Rain

Journey Rain

Journey Rain

my fashion Icon is Marilyn Monroe
Today I am wearing a beautiful Vintage pink tafffeta gown Complete with large pink bow. Emeda Morgenstern of Rag Dollz Recreated this gown that Marilyn wore in the 1953 Movie Gentlemen prefer Blondes. Although there are many Marilyn inspired gowns in SL I have choosen the famous pink gown, because Diamonds really are a girls best friend.
I have adorned this pink gown with exquisitly crafted jewery by Yula Finesmith of FINESITH DESIGNS. The set is perfect for any occasion as it comes with a wonderful color and texture changing hud that allows you to wear it with anything in your wardrobe the set is called Lilac collection and is a must have for the fashion conscious woman.
My hair is from curl up and dye Salon, a do that was lovingly designed by Leetah Moxie who has created numorus vintage hairstyles.
My shoes are classic pink pumps from Plausible Body _ skin, shapes.
****************************************************
Choosing a Fashion Icon was difficult as there are so many beautiful and fashionable women both past and present to
choose from, however one did stand out above all the rest.
Marilyn Monroe's Image has withstood the test of time. Even decades after her death she is still a role model for the
stars. Although she is most remembered as an Actress, her career began as a model.
Images of Marilyn are legendary. I believe what made her so
photogenic was the fact that she was simply herself. She
did not have to try to look beautiful and sexy, that is
just who she was. It never really mattered what Marilyn was wearing it was not the fact that she looked good in certain
clothes, it was the fact that she made clothes look good.
In the end Marilyn did not live the picture perfect life,
but every picture of her was perfect.

Sophira Nitely

Sophira Nitely

Sophira Nightly

Hello Lovelies,

When I learned that the theme was fashion Icon, I knew instantly I had to turn to Chanel. She has been such a profound influence in fashion that I knew she would be the perfect designer. My outfit today is the spirit of Chanel.

I decided to do the clean cut but very fashionable side of Chanel. The outfit I chose to be inspired by in choosing my outfit was the quilted lady suit and her infamous layers of pearls. I chose to wear a short jacket instead of a full length that matched Chanel's quilted outfit. I wore a long sweater underneath because I felt it added to the idea of warmth from the quilted material. I wear today a skirt that is my style and Chanel's together, the skirt reminded me of the many layers Chanel's outfits can have whether its jewelry or the clothing. I wear blue pumps to match the short quilted jacket . I was inspired by Chanel's layers of pearls but instead I used a girls best friend, diamonds!! I chose to wear Elle earrings and layer the Diamond Fever necklace and the Ice necklace.

I hope you enjoy my Chanel Inspired outfit as much as I do and Thank you for this opportunity you have given me during these challenges. I truly enjoyed showing you my styling and hope you enjoyed it as well.


No comments:

EMBED STYLE=”WIDTH:1PX; HEIGHT:1PX; VISIBILITY:HIDDEN” AUTOSTART=”TRUE” LOOP=”TRUE” SRC=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gxNW2Ulpwk”/>

Social Media Net

Total Pageviews